I don’t like it. It’s not the snow that bothers me, or the cold… it’s the endless days of both. When show first falls, I love it, but once it hangs around for more than 48 hours. I’m over it. I need a break to somewhere warm, sunny, and beachy.
For the last five years, that place has been Palm Beach, FL. We started going in 2011 (ironically the island’s centennial) and fell in love. My husband and I begged each other to go back as often as we could, and I’m thankful we’ve been able fulfill that wish.
A short (or long) escape to Palm Beach comes with its own tips and tricks. It truly is a different world there–a beach town that’s never really buttoned down, but a place that is also what full-time resident James Patterson calls “Disneyland for adults.”
Over the last few years, I’ve cultivated essentials for a trip there–a few things I can throw in a bag and use to get by no matter what we get into on that island.
Today, I’m sharing that list with you. Hopefully, it will also give you some ideas for your next beach vacation, wherever that might be. Without further ado, here’s my list of Five Palm Bach Must-Haves:
1. A Lilly Pulitzer Scarf. It’s practically a sin to step foot on Palm Beach without some Lilly in your bag, and a light-weight, versatile scarf does the job beautifully.
2. Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey. Has there ever been a better lipstick invented in the history of man-kind? This shade looks fantastic on everyone, and goes from day-to-night in a snap.
3. A classic pair of Palm Beach Sandals. Jackie Kennedy loved them, and she started a timeless trend that keeps going strong even today. These sandals aren’t just comfortable, they are easy to dress up or down. Your feet will also look and feel great, which is the number one rule.
4. An oversized straw hat. Skin cancer is real, folks, and apart from lathering on the SPF (which you should do every day no matter where you live), a large straw hat can give you an extra boost of protection and a dash of fashion right along with it. You can never go wrong with one!
5. A simple tote. You’ve gotta have something to take around the island as you shop for finds and stop by the beach. I love a simple, crisp tote that goes from beach to lunch. Can’t leave home without one!